Skip to main content

Feminine Birthday Card

              Hello, Beverly Jordan, here to show you to a simple Feminine Birthday Card using a fancy die from Spellbinders and a beautiful flower image from Kennedy Grace Creations.






This Tic Tac Toe grid is the the Kennedy Grace Creations challenge for the month of January. Use one line horizontally, vertically or diagonally.  I selected the diagonal line: Die Cut, Rhinestones and Ribbon! The easy way for my creativity time during this season of the year, because I am making a birthday card for a close friend.
January's Challenge Tic Tac Toe

Other supplies I used are: Kennedy Grace Creations Beautiful Sweet Rose for the Happy Birthday sentiment; Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; MISTI stamping tool; Copic Markers: RV02, RV13, RV04, C1, C3, C5, YG11, YG13; Fiskars 12" trimmer and small scissors; Offray silver satin 5/8" ribbon; Glossy Accents; Scotch tape runner; Platinum 6 die cutting machineSpellbinders Annabelle's Trousseau Layering frame from the Chantilly Paper Lace CollectionSpellbinder's Tool 'n One; Pattern paper is Quick Quotes Picadilly Pink Collection QQP-P1200; Want2Scrap pearl embellishments; White and pink cardstock, and Neenah white 100# white cardstock to use with the copic markers.

I cut the beautiful die set out in white cardstock and a hot pink cardstock for the frame of Annabelle's Trousseau die set. Then I cut a special piece out of Neenah 100# cardstock for the inner smaller frame again but discarded the white lattice framework and kept the center piece which was stamped with the flower. After coloring it with my copics, I assembled the entire card onto a premade 4.5" x 6.5" card base putting the Quick Quotes patterned paper down first.  When I was assembling the papers, I left room for the ribbon to come through in the middle and be tucked under. So at this point, I inserted that gray/silver satin ribbon under the card base on each side. I used the end of a small pair of scissors to tuck it in and used Glossy Accents to adhere ribbon and close card base. Then I added pearl rhinestones as extra embellishments around the outside frame. I could have gone further but decided to finish it with the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Kennedy Grace Creations Sweet Rose stamp set, stamped and handcut in a small rectangular shape to be placed at the bottom. It is such a pretty flourished script font that I thought it would be perfect with the fancy frame.  


Please be sure to follow the Kennedy Grace Creations blogfacebooktwitterinstagram and pinterest. Our Design Team has great projects to inspire you with our great stamp sets. 


Love and Laughter,




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som